Statutory & Tax Reporting Accountant – Cairo
Our Finance team is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm. We are looking to optimize and expand the finance team and ensure innovative solutions are being consistently applied across E&Y with strong functional capabilities, industry leading technology and a varied range of knowledge.
In this exciting role your primary job responsibility is to help support an expanding finance team, we’re looking for an experienced accountant with very good working knowledge of statutory and tax reporting to join the internal Finance team. You will be working to ensure integrity, accuracy of all financial records and reconciling with our statutory and tax records. To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate proven accounting track in preparation of Statutory financial statements and very good tax knowledge ensuring all our transactions are tax compliant.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to spend most of your time assisting the business with financial support and sharing and maintaining accuracy of information that will improve business performance.
Financial & Statutory Accounting:
- Ensure accurate financial reporting
- Review management accounts and make necessary adjustments to Statutory and tax records
- Passing month & year end journals in statutory and tax books for proper reconciliation
- Liaise with external auditors during year end audit and quarterly reviews
- Submission of quarterly and yearly reports
- Regular review and reconciliation of tax GL accounts
- Oversee the daily financial transactions from tax perspective
- Updating and refine client and vendor records with their tax data
- Preparation & reconciliation of monthly VAT return
- Preparation & reconciliation of monthly WHT return
- Reconciliation of social security records with employee’s database
- Annual salary tax reconciliation review
- Organize and prepare income tax return with the proper documentation
- Prepare required documents for tax audits
Skills and attributes for success
- Maintaining your reputation as an authoritative expert by keeping abreast of industry developments, practices and trends
To qualify for the role you must have
- Relevant financial experience from an accountancy or internal finance function
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 5 years of experience working in financial and tax accounting or similar role.
- Effective communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively to meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Proficiency in English (verbal, listening and written)
- Proficiency in MS Office particularly strong capabilities in Excel spreadsheets.
- Working in SAP is highly regarded.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Commitment to developing your role and improving business processes
- Technical skills with a financial control background
- A can-do attitude within an ever changing and fast paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Customer focused and responsive
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.&
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.