Internal Audit Manager (Credit Risk), Finland, Poland
We are looking for a person who has deep wholesale credit risk management experience together with either audit/ conformance/ consultancy experience. This is an opportunity for you to be part of a great and skilled team focusing on auditing credit risk management practises across all the Nordea businesses, as well as gaining experience in various internal audit initiatives in Nordea. This is an exciting time for you to join us. We are a changing company with big ambitions and together we will create the future of banking. Would you like to be a change in Nordea?
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So, bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is an independent unit, commissioned by the Nordea Board. As the Internal Audit Manager, you will contribute to the execution of GIA’s strategy. Your main role in the Group Credit Management and Group Credit Risk Control audit team will be to perform audits to assess Nordea’s governance, risk management and control processes in Nordea and contribute to the delivery of GIA’s project portfolio.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and execute audit projects, and follow up on previous audit findings in accordance with GIA's methodology, as a project leader or a project team member
- Build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders within Nordea
- Support in ad-hoc tasks, e.g. the update of the risk assessment and annual audit plan, and share knowledge within your area of responsibility in GIA
- Clarify expectations, follow up and provide coaching and feedback to other team members
- Work with GIA colleagues across teams and countries in a truly global network
The role is based in Finland or Poland.
You will be reporting to the Head of Audit for Credit Risk. The role will not entail responsibility for managing staff.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are a flexible team player who is able to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- have the drive to achieve high quality deliveries
- have an analytical and structured way of working and you apply sound judgement in your work
Your experience and background:
- You have at least 5 years of either audit or credit risk management experience
- Deep and extensive technical knowledge in the area of credit risk across credit life cycle, and credit risk decision making
- Specialism in either leveraged lending, restructuring/ work-out process, IFRS 9 or retail credit risk management will be advantageous
- Understanding of the evolving regulatory environments relating to credit risk matters
- Highly rational & logical thought process with a strong attention to detail and understanding of the end-to-end product lifecycle
- Excellent collaborative skills and strong written and spoken communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals
- University degree in Economics, Business administration or related fields
- CFA, CA, FRM or other relevant professional qualification
- Fluency in written and spoken English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!