Accounts Receivable Team Member
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Team Member to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Longbenton, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Ensure cash owed to the business is collected early or on time, minimising overdue debt through building proactive and effective relationships with our business colleagues and external customers.
What you'll be doing
As an Accounts Receivable Team Member, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Chase and collect outstanding debt on assigned regional ledger;
- Chase and collect overdue invoices as per the required service level agreement;
- Resolve invoice queries in a timely manner;
- Liaise with the wider finance and commercial teams to resolve queries and issues on overdue debt;
- Weekly reporting on account and ledger status;
- Escalate problematic accounts to the credit control manager as required;
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Work with colleagues within the Accounts Receivable team to handle inbound calls;
- Maintain good knowledge of ERP and other systems;
- Communicate within team to resolve queries efficiently;
- Engage positively with team meetings, huddles and wider business forums;
- Support team members with workload during time of absence or high activity, to ensure business needs are met.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills telephone manner and customer service
- Organised and proactive personality
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced excel/IT skills
The following experience is desirable, but not essential:
- Degree in accountancy, business or other related field,
- Working towards T Level 2 or other professional exams e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ICM or,
- Proven collections background in a similar role
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.