Team Leader in Accounting and Financial Reporting Department (Alternative Investments)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Team Leader in Accounting and Financial Reporting Department (Alternative Investments)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Team Leader in Accounting and Financial Reporting. Working closely with Manager, Team Leader will manage a team of financial professionals and oversee preparation of stand-alone accounting and financial reporting under various accounting standards (e.g. IFRS, US GAAP). As a people manager, Team Leader will motivate, give instruction and monitor performance.Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables such as GL / financial reporting / consolidation (scope of work includes mix or selected tasks).
- Day to day management of activities of the team, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of deliverables.
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing accounting framework, financial statements and disclosure.
- Providing advice and guidance on the financial aspects under various accounting standards.
- Providing feedback on agreed goals.
- Promotion of positive team atmosphere through strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths.
- Assisting in special projects to improve efficiency, quality and accuracy of work performed by the team.
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls.
What we value:
- A strong understanding of Accounting practices and excellent knowledge of accounting standards.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background, including proven team management track record.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- Professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA (qualified or part qualified) is an advantage.
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.