Consultant – EMEA Compliance Testing
- Full time
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
EMEA Compliance Testing (ECT) is a functional team within Northern Trust’s Global Compliance Assurance Framework. The team reports locally to the EMEA Compliance Testing Regional Manager.
ECT testing consists of risk-based, point-in-time assessment or validation to determine regulatory compliance, and ranges from focused reviews of specific regulatory requirements for a segment of a business to enterprise-wide reviews. This role involves working with the EMEA Compliance Testing Regional Manager and EMEA Compliance Testing partners to complete and report on specific ECT reviews.
The successful candidate will be responsible for execution of the testing program. The candidate will be responsible for independently planning and executing of specific reviews, identifying issues and underlying root-cause analysis, agreeing solutions and communicating findings effectively, both orally and in writing.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Independently establish the appropriate scope and test steps for individual reviews
- Conduct and document testing reviews to assess compliance with and adherence to regulations/legislation and internal policies
- Engage with Compliance SME’s to understand any matters for concern related to applicable reviews
- Follow established EMEA and Global policies, procedures and standards for testing activities
- Apply analytical skills to review information and determine potential weaknesses or exceptions to policies / processes
- Validate and summarise testing results in clear, concise language
- Detect and advise Compliance and Business Unit management of potential compliance issues and identify changes and/or enhancements to improve efficiencies in procedures
- Tracking of identified issues to closure via periodic follow up with action owners
- Validation testing to ensure actions have been adequately closed
- Develop relationships with Internal Audit to coordinate testing efforts and share results.
- Conduct meetings with business unit partners and management to discuss testing results and where applicable challenge management responses
- Support the Regional Manager with ad hoc tasks
- Work effectively as an individual contributor as well as in a team environment
- Develop strong relationships with the first, second and third lines of defence
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Proven experience related to compliance, compliance testing/monitoring or auditing
- Knowledge of UK and/or EU regulations and key regulatory developments would be an advantage
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven record of using initiative to resolve problems
- Analytical ability to identify and understand problems as well as to provide effective solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple competing deadlines
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.