Business / Operational Audit, Off
Are you a talented business professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader? Are you interested in traveling the globe? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that works hard, but has fun doing it? If so, then we may have the solution for you.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department
At State Street, our people are our most valuable — and valued — resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 29 countries and more than 30,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of 220 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors—advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts—providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists—identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners—looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities.
Senior Auditor Job Requirements
- The candidate evaluates corporate management, business processes, technology controls, risk assessments and operating practices globally.
- The candidate should clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk-based audit skills to business units globally.
- The candidate ensures that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards.
- The candidate requires good analytical, interpersonal, time management, project management, research and communications skills.
- The candidate must be proficient in testing automated application controls and IT general controls. He / She must also be able to test operating system and database controls as well as interpret results of broader infrastructure level testing.
- The candidate must train junior staff on how to identify and test technology risk.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS/BA preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Audit experience preferred in public accounting or internal audit, focusing on Financial Services.
- Must have a CISA or be willing to take the CISA exam within 1 year.
- A CISSP, CIA, CPA, CFE, CAMS a plus
- The candidate must have the willingness to develop core competencies in risk-based audit methodology.
This role will travel up to 25 percent domestically and internationally.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.