Middle Office Analyst, Senior Associate
Responsible for the daily delivery of accurate and timely cash and position data to our clients. Under the direction of the AVP/VP, monitors assigned accounts for issues associated with cash, settlements, ad-hoc processing, reporting and performs pre/post cycle reviews. Expected to work with reduced oversight to identify exceptions and escalate issues once appropriate research has been completed.
- Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects. Develops processes, procedures and controls. Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
- Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients. Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Using provided tools, review assigned accounts for issues associated with cash (Overdrafts, reconciliation), positions (trades, other),
- For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances)
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all internal middle office teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC.
- Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Take ownership of issues
Minimum Job Specifications:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or technology or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines, including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences (internal and external) of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate – Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word skills necessary.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.