Senior - Financial Accounting and Advisory Services
The Grant Thornton FAAS department is a specialist team who primarily service complex large scale and Multinational Companies (MNCs), focusing on being a centralised point of contact for their global requirements. Our experienced and multicultural teams are experts in areas of Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions (GCRS) and Audit and Accounting Advisory (AAA) – both operating through our Centre of Excellence in Ireland, Effective Financial Reporting (EFR), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Global Payroll Solutions (GPS).
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
- working with clients to prepare and review financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP;
- working with clients to optimize several business functions, this may include projects relating to the financial statement process, review and remediation of business processes and short term interim staffing assignments;
- working within a team environment to ensure deadlines are met; and
- promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- minimum 1 years’ PQE practical experience in auditing or preparing financial statements of large companies and multinational entities particularly in the financial services/funds industry;
- proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP and some knowledge of Irish GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP;
- strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry;
- strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel)
- excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, auditors at all levels.
- ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments (particularly IFRS and US GAAP);
- ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- experience of working as part of a team supporting others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.