Audit Assistant Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding Corporate Audit team. You will be charged with managing a significant portfolio of clients. The role involves providing audit and related services to companies and groups operating across a wide range of sectors, in addition to participating in the management of Grant Thornton’s Corporate Audit group, comprising over 400 dedicated professionals.
By joining our Corporate Audit department, you will work closely with our audit partners and you will have a real opportunity to provide a valued opinion within the team. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- identifying client needs and new business opportunities within client organisations;
- project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients;
- supervise and train junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process;
- prepare and present business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio;
- working capital management – manage work in progress and billings;
- client fee negotiation;
- take full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team; and
- cross-business unit liaison with other teams such as tax, advisory etc.
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- minimum 4+ years’ experience;
- PCAOB experience
- strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential);
- electronic auditing experience ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- ability to make professional judgements based on findings;
- portfolio management experience;
- strong attention to detail and analytical assessment;
- experience working as part of a team supporting others;
- be commercially aware;
- experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous; and
- candidates currently working in Industry, with the necessary experience, and who would like to return to practice will be considered for this role.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.