Tax Administrator - Tempe or Chicago
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Global Client Tax Service Group is responsible for preparing tax products including 1041’s for trusts and estates and 1099’s for agencies and IRA’s. Consults with office colleagues, attorneys, accountants and taxing authorities.
- Prepares and consults on tax products, compliance issues, and planning and research projects.
- Assist in developing of department policies and procedures based on knowledge of industry best practices, the regulatory environment, client expectations and evolving trends.
- Prepares tax products in compliance with tax applicable laws.
- Manages an account load requiring preparation, review of transactions, review of trust documents an processing of Forms 1041, 1099 (B, INT, MISC, R) and 5498.
- Interacts with internal/external sources including assisting with client communication and addressing client inquiries that deal with complex tax and accounting issues.
- Provides solutions to complex tax-related problems. These solutions often require significant knowledge of accounting and tax conventions, as well as quantitative analysis.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must possess knowledge of one or more tax areas including fiduciary tax
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong research, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously being able to forge productive team relationships
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, personal organization, motivation, maturity and ownership of one’s work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Personal leadership qualities, including an ability to influence without authority, drive change and accomplish challenging goals
- Ability to adapt to various changes, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- 1-3 years of related tax experience with fiduciary tax experience preferred
- CPA and/or MST candidate is a plus
- Experience with tax provisions and compliance software such as Thomson Reuters OneSource or CCH ProSystem fx Tax is a plus
- Experience in IRS audits is a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.