Management Reporting & Planning Analyst
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The EMEA Management Reporting Planning & Analysis (MRP&A) team provide financial analysis and business support to EMEA business management. This position requires the successful candidate to act as the primary finance point of contact for business stakeholders, and will play a key role in acting as advisor and consultant to business management in supporting business decision making. This role will also provide strong financial and strategic acumen to support the business in achieving its financial and strategic goals.
This is an important and high profile role which will provide an ideal opportunity for the successful candidate to gain a deep understanding of NT’s businesses in a challenging and dynamic work environment
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Presentation and interpretation of financial information to business management including the analysis of business performance and associated drivers to support and inform business decisions
- Production of detailed financial analysis to support business needs that assists with expense management and variance analysis
- Development and completion of detailed financial models to support new business and new client decisions including modelling and analysis of complex pricing structures and development of scenario analysis
- Provide support and input into rolling forecasts and annual plans
- Production of presentations and high value financial analysis to support regular business reviews across all business lines
- Act as liaison between business stakeholders and broader corporate financial management team
- Completion of adhoc project work
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Qualified accountant (preferably ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience gained in a multi-currency, multinational financial services environment
- Product knowledge across the range of asset management and asset servicing (custody, fund administration, investment operations outsourcing, banking) products with the ability to dialogue knowledgeably on each product
- Experience working directly as a strategic financial business partner in an asset management or asset servicing business partner role
- Several years’ experience in the production of management reporting, business information, financial analysis for an asset management / asset servicing business.
- Advanced level of IT skills notably Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio),Hyperion, Cognos, Workspace Advanced and TM1 experience (preferable but not essential)
- Self-starter with a professional work ethic, initiative and an ability to self-motivate
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail to support complex data analysis
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.