M&A Valuations - Senior Analyst - Adelaide
The question of 'Value' consistently underpins the decision-making process of Boards, management, investors and other stakeholders.
Our specialist Valuations team advise clients, including financial services institutions and investors, on critical commercial and value related issues in situations of strategic change and commercial importance. We assist clients in managing value throughout the business cycle in circumstances relating to M&A transactions, financial reporting, tax, litigation and management decision-making.
We are Australia's leading corporate valuations team and have prepared more independent expert reports than any of our major competitors in the Australian marketplace.
Our team of professionals come from diverse backgrounds to bring together skills and experiences to deliver market leading client service and advice. The team is seeking to grow quickly to meet a significant demand from clients and we are looking for a Senior Analyst seeking to build a long-term career based in Adelaide.
What will your typical day look like?
Your work will be varied and will offer you great opportunities to develop your commercial, financial analytical and value advisory skills.
You'll have the chance to build a technical skill-set while playing an integral part in advising our clients on commercial and value related matters, assist with project management and execution of a range of complex engagements such as high-profile transactions involving ASX-listed, unlisted corporates and private companies or unique business/asset valuations, and complex valuations involving bespoke modelling and analytics.
At Deloitte we measure our impact by the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to implement suitable formal and informal working arrangement to create positive outcomes for our people and our clients.
More specifically, working in a supportive and collegial team, you will be involved in the following:
- In-depth company, economic, industry, capital markets and competitor research, data analysis and benchmarking
- Employment of various valuation methodologies such as discounted cash flow, earnings multiples, excess earnings, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc
- Bespoke financial modelling to facilitate the valuation, including scenario/sensitivity/statistical analysis
- Develop, review and interpret analysis, valuation reports, exhibits, letters and other client deliverables, and present clearly articulated and insightful conclusions
- Work in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Developing and maintaining key relationships across our client base, with a focus on exceptional client service;
- Supporting the delivery of high-profile engagements, including tracking against timelines and budgets
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are a natural collaborator who is able to think unconventionally, apply commercial thinking and challenge the status quo in designing solutions to real and technical problems. We seek talent with a strong problem-solving attitude founded on the use of innovative solutions. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous business and intangible asset valuation experience
- Experience in applying generally accepted valuation approaches: cost, market and income approach
- Exceptional financial analytical skills with experience of working with large data sets and attention to detail
- A proven track record in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Be a supportive team member; experience in coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues would be highly regarded
- Be ambitious, have an inquisitive mind and show initiative to learn
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia's borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we're at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.