Associate / Consultant, Transaction Tax
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of our Transaction Tax team, you will advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions, whether it is an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring or initial public offering. You will help clients negotiate throughout the transaction life cycle, from initial due diligence to post-deal implementation.
You’ll be working on a diverse portfolio, helping leading organizations to structure transactions and be involved in market moving transactions. In the process, you’ll strengthen your commercial, legislative and industry sector knowledge, and establish valuable business relationships and networks. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
- Helping businesses identify tax risks in their potential Merger & Acquisition (M&A) deals
- Identifying post acquisition tax demands by having a deep understanding of relevant legislation
- Managing client and target company relationships effectively
- Working with businesses to meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning, and tax policy and controversy
- Honing your communication skills in asking better questions at the right time; and
- Broadening your internal and external networks and tax technical knowledge by managing multi-jurisdictional projects.
Skills and attributes for success
- Analytical and good project management skills
- Proven excellent team player
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally
- Ability to develop good client relationships
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Degree in Accountancy / Business related discipline
- Minimum 1 year (for Associate level) / 2 years (Consultant level) of corporate income tax experience is required for, preferably with a large public accounting firm
- Experience in Singapore corporate income tax compliance and structuring work
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you also have
- Experience in cross-border corporate income tax structuring work
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Apply for Associate / Consultant, Transaction Tax
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly