Private Client Tax Senior Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager in the Private Client Tax Advisory department of our Leatherhead Office.
Reporting to the Tax Partner, Private Client and Trusts Director and Senior Partners in Leatherhead, Surrey, the Senior Manager role will be to provide advisory & compliance services to clients and form an integral part of the Advisory Tax leadership team with scope for career progression.
Your primary role will be to deliver tax planning and advisory services in relation to private clients (these could possibly include: Non Dom & International clients, Family office, Offshore, Inheritance Tax, Trusts and Estate planning). The objective is for the team to deliver a full consultative, compliance and planning service to individuals and their families including optimising all private client tax reliefs during lifetime and on death.
The successful candidate will be a proven people manager and passionate about working with clients as this is vital for the role to be successful. The Senior Manager will be required to provide a high quality service to the Partners including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm’s Private Client offering. Key to the role is an ability to grow the client base in this area. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise more junior staff and review their work.
- Assist Tax Partners, Partners and Directors with more complex enquiries and ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Involvement in any Revenue enquiry matters.
- Review client base and identify additional opportunities.
- Maintain regular communication with all clients and related 3rd parties
- Work in a team with direct responsibility for the mentoring, developing and training of junior managers & trainees
- Prepare budgets, complete work within budget and report to Partners on any variances from budget, ensuring that all assignments are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- Communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships with them.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
- CTA qualified.
- High level of technical advisory expertise.
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in Private Client tax planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.