We are seeking a Manager with a significant experience of forensic accounting to be a part of the wider Transaction Services offering to our clients. This role is based out of the London office.
Menzies Forensic Services is an exciting part of Menzies LLP and was set up to take advantage of market opportunities from its internal and external contacts.
In this position, you will use your existing forensic management experience to work closely with senior management to manage the day to day work on client engagements. You will add value by drawing on your knowledge of forensic accounting assignments, preferably with an accent on disputes quantum work but could also include investigations work. You will be responsible for managing projects, drafting sections of reports and in beginning to develop client and referrer relationships. You will also manage team members and support them as necessary. Your career development will be supported by the senior team and the wider firm.
Menzies Forensic Services manage a broad mix of forensic accounting projects including dispute advisory, litigation support and financial investigations. It provides a full service offering normally only associated with a Top 10 firm.
Working directly with lawyers and clients, we are engaged on projects ranging from personal damage disputes to £500 million + litigation. We also assist our Insolvency and business recovery professionals with investigating antecedent transactions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Partners and Directors to build on forensic skills and taking the lead of client engagements
- Working on forensic accounting assignments e.g. civil litigation
- Responsible for managing day to day work on projects
- Drafting reports and schedules
- Maintaining client relationships
- Managing team members as appropriate including providing on the job training and support
- Undertaking financial analytical work on cases
- Providing clear and cogent feedback to senior management on cases
- ACA/ ACCA Qualified (or equivalent)
- Significant post qualification experience
- Currently working, or having worked in a recognised forensic accounting department for at least three years post qualification
- Accent on quantum and disputes work
- Experience in drafting sections of expert witness reports and converting financial analytical work into usable narrative form
- Experience of managing projects and junior team members
- Financial analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills with an approachable and positive attitude
- Attention to detail and a quality approach
- Developing report writing skills
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.