Assistant Manager, Business Tax
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Business Tax team in Solent office.
You will provide corporate tax compliance and tax advisory services to the portfolio of clients from various industries working in conjunction with colleagues in other departments to provide an efficient and valued service.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing tax compliance affairs of clients and identifying advisory areas through proactive communication (including assisting on advisory projects such as profit extraction, structuring or restructuring of corporate group’s, exit strategies, shareholder reliefs, employee incentives, etc)
- Identifying opportunities and undertaking ad hoc advisory work in relation to the portfolio of clients
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of their client portfolio in line with KPIs
- Assisting with larger advisory projects and complex enquiries
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases
- Developing and managing junior Corporate Tax team members
- Business development
- ACA or CTA qualified
- Proven business tax experience
- Experience of working with SMEs would be preferable
- Previous people management experience
- Corporate tax technical and practical knowledge
- Practical knowledge of Alphatax
- Good communication skills
- Advisory focussed mindset
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.