Senior Financial Analyst
This position will report to the Director of Finance, supporting day–to–day financial analysis including sales analysis and trends, departmental spending and partnering with budget owners, personnel planning, capital requests and financial justification, and financial support to management for decision–making as it relates to investments and tracking to forecasts and the annual operating plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Reviewing and analyzing financial statements and reports including review of accounting transactions for data accuracy.
- Preparation of weekly bookings, billings and backlog reports to senior management.
- Maintenance and ownership of personnel–related forecasts as well as other departmental spending items.
- Preparing financial reports and work collaboratively with budget owners monthly for comparing actual vs. budget/forecast results.
- Evaluating current capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Understanding key business drivers and impact to current and future financials.
- Assisting with presentations of financial data including monthly financial reporting packages for management, support of quarterly board of director's presentations and various other internal and external presentations.
- Assisting the Accounting department with internal and external commissions reports.
- Conduct research and analysis and develop/build financial projections and robust financial models.
- Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions.
- Assist in identifying areas of improvement within the NetSuite ERP system.
?? 4–6 years' experience in a similar role, preferably in the wireless/telecom industry as well as working in a public company setting.
?? Highly proficient in MS Office ("expert" user in Excel and proficient with PowerPoint).
?? Expert–level understanding of financial statement modeling including P&L, changes in balance sheet items and presentation of cash flows.
?? Strong analytical, organizational, problem–solving and attention to details skills and be able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner including interfacing with members of the executive team.
?? Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions "M&A" financial analysis and valuations, a plus.
?? Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
?? Willingness to work outside of typical business hours, as necessary to interact and support Airgain personnel in foreign locations.
?? Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
?? Agile self–starter who can work independently and collaboratively and work comfortably in a cross–functional environment.
?? Experience with ERP and CPM tools is a must; NetSuite experience, a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Business; Master's Degree and GAAP Accounting knowledge preferred.
- Trust/Integrity: Establish and maintain honest, effective relationships with employees at all levels in the organization and gain their trust and respect. Accessible, a good listener and put others at ease at all times. Develop a reputation for being dependable, sincere, and trustworthy. Adapt to change and shift gears comfortably.
- Innovation: Develop new ideas and suggestions for improvement for the company. Take a creative approach to implemented business policies. Have self–knowledge and confidence to communicate, listen and persuade colleagues to improve the company on all levels.
- Initiative: Work independently, work under pressure and meet deadlines. Prepare clear and concise reports without the need for constant management. Combine analysis, experience and judgment for effective decision–making in a timely manner. Tenacity to make important decisions with limited information and tight deadlines while learning to be flexible in other situations.
- Intelligence: Utilize relevant experience and resources to be very productive and efficient in planning and executing work. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Seek input and advice from colleagues in order to receive more successful results pertaining to reports and projects. Focus on the achievement of goals that produce results.
- Interaction: Build morale and motivate the team with energy, encouragement, and enthusiasm. Recognize solutions for difficult or conflict situations–seeking feedback on how to resolve issues. Distinguish the need to change the personal and interpersonal behavior of colleagues in an efficient matter. Eagerness to be part of a team–unit and cooperate in the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
Equipment: PC (laptop), e–mail and calendaring systems, Teams and Zoom tools, and common office machines.
Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), NetSuite, Corporate Performance Management systems.
Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Traits: Ability to communicate with supervisor in order to prioritize workload and determine priorities. Subjected to changes in schedule.
Travel outside of Airgain HQ: Minimal; less than 10%