2021 Summer Internship Program (Massachusetts)
Join the 2021 Summer Internship Program - Deadline to apply is November 18, 2020
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Which groups hire interns?
Interns may be placed in any area of the bank. Below are some (but not all) of the areas in which you can work. Opportunities change from year to year, but the below areas have previously hosted interns:
- Global Advisors: State Street Global Advisors is the asset manager our clients trust for insight, solutions and results. Institutions – including corporations, endowments and foundations, third-party asset gatherers, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds – rely on our disciplined investment process, along with our powerful global investment platform, for access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style.
- Global Markets: When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to State Street Global Markets (SSGM). As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the globe.
- Global Services: Through State Street Global Services, we give asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
- Global Exchange: Global Exchange provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line supports client needs across all major asset classes and provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office. Our three main product areas are Data Solutions, Investment Analytics, and Innovation and Advisory (IAS).
Corporate Functions including:
- Corporate Finance: Across every one of our businesses at State Street, our Finance division plays an important role to ensure we both meet our financial obligations and best position our company for future financial success. Finance manages and controls our financial functions, meets our reporting requirements, provides information that guides our Board and Management Committee to make decisions, and manages our investment portfolio.
- Corporate Compliance: Our Corporate Compliance team develops and implements the policies we need across our company to meet our regulatory obligations. As a partner to our Board of Directors and senior management, Corporate Compliance works to foster a culture of compliance by our employees, managers and clients so our business activities follow all laws and regulations – and our reputation remains protected.
- Enterprise Risk Management: Providing products and services to our clients creates some risk – and our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team helps us to identify, measure and manage it. ERM formulates policies, establishes limits, monitors risk in partnership with each business unit, and informs and helps senior managers make decisions regarding the existing and potential risk that comes with all of our business activities.
- Global Delivery: Global Delivery offers custody and asset manager services ranging from account opening and market data services to transaction processing, corporate actions and reconciliation. This function offers strong local presence while leveraging follow-the sun operating models, providing robust servicing across our client base.
- Global Human Resources/Corporate Citizenship: The goal of GHR is to support our clients, in this case the business lines and corporate functions; ultimately we want to attract, retain, engage and reward talent. We support the employee life cycle from end to end – from hiring, managing and developing, engaging and ultimately rewarding employees. Corporate Citizenship represents our company value of Global Force, Local citizen through strategic initiatives that positively impact our community.
- Enterprise Data Governance & Management: Data Governance defines the guiding principles, policies, accountability and processes for data and its use across the enterprise with the goal of establishing meaning, context, quality and lineage of data for operational, regulatory and management information purposes.
- Global Technology: Technology is always changing, and our Information Technology (IT) team makes sure that we use innovation to benefit our company and clients most effectively. By staying informed of the latest trends and tools, IT helps us connect our clients to the marketplace, providing them with the valuable investment information they need to achieve their goals.
Are you a good fit for the Summer Internship Program?
State Street hires interns almost all business units, so we are open to all majors:
- Graduating in December 2021 or later
- Strong interest in financial services; ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with or interest in data and analytics preferred
- Change management and innovative mindset, demonstrated problem solving ability
- Enthusiasm for learning and commitment to career development
- Versatility, adaptability and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently while also adopting a collaborative approach to achieving results
The State Street 2021 Summer Internship Program runs from June 14-August 20.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.