Senior Billing Accountant with Italian, Senior Associate
Your New Team
Global Billing Operations as a part of State Street's Finance Division is responsible for end to end client invoicing and reconciliation activities on investment funds. The Billing teams provide services for 7 EMEA countries: France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland and the UK.
Your new role
Senior Billing Accountant, Senior Associate will cooperate with both internal and external stakeholders and clients with full accountability for assigned tasks assigned by direct Billing Team Manager. She/He will be responsible primarily for Italian market billing services as well as for supporting Team Manager in non-people management activities.
Who are we looking for?
- Fluent Italian speaker with proven financial services experience who will support Italian market.
- Provide extensive expertise in billing area
- Support the internal and external billing of services to the business
- Reconcile billed accounts against P&L accounts
- Manage internal departments and external clients queries relating to billing, reports and invoices
- Provide information to internal departments and external clients as needed to facilitate payment for invoices
- Review of calculated invoices against contracts agreed with clients
- Ensure billing related internal controls are followed
- Cooperate and support Team Manager in supervision over daily process completeness
- Support Team Manager in organizing team workload and trainings for less experienced team members
- Perform second eye review after less experienced team members
- Act as first contact and escalation point for internal and external business partners
- Present highest level of risk excellence and be an example of ethical behaviour for the team
- Provide support and training to less experienced team members
- Support management and lead projects related to Billing area
- Act as team/department representative on various committees and working groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 4 years of experience in investment banking / asset management services / fund accounting / accounting / billing process
- Fluent Italian both in speaking and writing is required
- Advanced command of English
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes
- Fund accounting or fund services experience is an asset
- Understanding of various range of products in the investment banking domain is preferred
- Knowledge of financial instruments is preferred
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Remote work options
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.