Junior Accounts Payable Specialist
Are you a fast learner who’s fascinated by financial operations?
Do you enjoy working with customers and supporting them with your expertise?
Join our Accounts Payable Team!
Accounts Payable Team is our key stakeholder for all parties involved in processing invoices and employee expenses. Working with the business, individual employees and suppliers, we relish the true Akamai spirit and provide them with a professional, diligent support and guidance while remaining collaborative, friendly and flexible!
Get involved with exciting projects
From accounting to taxes, this role offers an in-depth insight into corporate financial processes. Create and influence processes, become a focal point for both internal and external stakeholders. With Akamai operating in over 30 countries you can surely expect diverse duties and constant learning opportunities!
As a Junior Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing support for the full-life cycle of accounts payable to ensure accuracy of financial records and payments
- Guiding suppliers and internal customers to ensure invoice approvals are completed and payments are successful
- Maintaining SOX controls environment to ensure governance and internal process are adhered to
- Collaborating with teams to resolve process exceptions, tax queries and general accounting day-to day issues
- Providing a first-class finance service support to internal and external customers to ensure efficiency and compliance
- Processing employees' expense reports, providing guidance and responding to their queries
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have solid Excel skills with experience of vlookups, pivot tables and functions
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills to be able to gather, synthesise and summarise data
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good time management and the ability to manage multiple functions
- Be eager to contribute in a high-growth, fast paced, technology oriented environment
- Be able to effectively communicate in business English both written and verbal
- Be comfortable operating in a communicative, feedback driven cross-functional environment
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!