GL & Reporting Accountant
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Do you want to enhance your corporate finance experience with a cutting-edge technology company?
Are you exciting about joining team of accounting professionals managing accounting activities of Akamai entities around the world?
Join our GL Entities Accounting Team!
This team has been built to coordinate and support the accounting and reporting processes of Akamai entities, which are located in countries with complex tax and accounting environment. This requires close cooperation with other finance and non-finance representatives around the world to support business operations and document the activities.
Partner with the best
In this position, you will build business relationships and cooperate with third-party accounting service providers. Working with stakeholders globally, you will have a chance to be a part of international projects. You will guide accounting related matters for cross-border transactions, including business combination accounting.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing accounting activities and preparing month-end journal entries to accurately reflect business operations
- Preparing balance sheet accounts reconciliations to ensure account balances are accurate and complete
- Reviewing OPEX & COGS activities and preparing monthly cost variance analysis
- Reviewing statutory financials and preparing reconciliation against corporate books, including GL bookings, AR, AP and fixed assets
- Cooperating with accounting and tax service providers to support VAT & other tax returns fillings
- Following guidance of US GAAP, company policies and internal controls to ensure compliance
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a degree in Accounting or Auditing
- Have experience in general ledger accounting and reporting or audit area
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of Excel (including Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc.)
- Possess analytical skills, attention to detail and willingness to solve problems when identified
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Have fluency in spoken and written English
- Be familiar with IFRS/US GAAP standards, hold PIBR/ACCA certificate or be in the process of obtaining one
- Be a good team player, collaborate with people from across the business
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!