Commercial Business Analyst
Our client is an industry leading and highly successful ASX listed business. Headquartered in Australia, with a presence across APAC, EMEA and North America, this is a highly desirable business to work for.
Richard Lloyd have been exclusively retained to help identify talent to strengthen their commercial finance team with the addition of a Commercial Business Analyst.
Offering ample scope for progression through both continuous learning opportunities and promotional prospects, this is a highly visible role and will allow you to interact with multiple stakeholders across the organisation whilst playing a key role in strategic decision making. Additionally, you will be provided an opportunity to enhance your operational expertise, business partnering acumen and strengthen your overall skillset.
As a brand, our client is instantly recognisable. They offer a terrific working environment coupled with a cohesive, team orientated culture focused on open communication.
Your role as a Commercial Business Analyst will be broad and varied and allow you to interact with a range of diverse and high calibre teams and stakeholders. Your position will report in to a supportive and talented Commercial Finance Manager and will be directly involved in facilitating business objectives.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing the financial literacy within the business and driving business performance
- Providing independent financial perspectives to senior leaders, and supporting customer and general commercial arrangements (pricing, credit, risk, dispute resolution, contracts)
- Work with Operational General Managers and Finance Managers and their teams to develop and deliver strategy alignment across the business
- Use financial targets benchmarks, models and performance metrics to drive the business unit(s) strategic decision making and performance
- Drive continuous improvement to short and medium term business performance by recommending financial, operational and commercial solutions
- Identify value adding opportunities through the application of insightful financial analysis tools
- Support the measurement of operational improvement initiatives
- Use appropriate communication forums and methods to keep the business updated and engaged on the achievement and delivery of financial targets
- Leverage financial perspective across the business unit(s) to improve risk awareness, optimise decision making and enhance integrated performance
- Provide sound commercial and analytical support to operations to deliver profitable and sustainable growth across their business unit(s) including determining cost effectiveness of growth strategies and ensuring approved capital investment decisions deliver on benefits
- Direct support on the preparation and delivery of operating budgets and forecasts for business unit(s)
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and work with others to capture and embed these improvements
- Support relevant GM’s, Operations and Sales Managers and Finance Managers in their review of project profitability and performance
- Work with central finance team and assist them with delivering monthly reported result ensuring the financial integrity of results
- Take an active role in monitoring working capital
To be considered for this Commercial Business Analyst role, you should have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven stakeholder management and business partnering experience
- Well developed budgeting, forecasting and analytical skillset
- Worked on significant process improvement projects
- Experience working in a large, complex and/or matrix style of business
- Proficiency in the use of visualisation, accounting and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBi, Alteryx, Qlik, Hyperion, Oracle, SAP)
- Adept at translating financial data into a readily digestible format
- Professionally qualified as an accountant (e.g. CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of achievement both academically and professionally along with personal drive and initiative
Those with experience of the above working in similar roles such as; Management Accountant, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Finance Business Partner are encouraged to apply.
If you are keen to find out more about this Commercial Business Analyst position, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5645, quoting reference 6128 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.