Hospital Authority Finance Graduate Trainee Programme
Post: Finance Associate
Office: Finance Divisions of Hospital Authority Head Office and Clusters
Starting Pay: HK$24,518 per month, including Monthly Allowance [HGPS 9]
We are looking for high potential candidates with passion to develop their professional accountant career in the Finance Division of the Hospital Authority (HA).
Selected candidates will be appointed to the Finance Associate position and join a 24-month Finance Graduate Trainee Programme. There will be a structured training curriculum with job rotations across Head Office and Cluster Finance Divisions for the Finance Associates to acquire essential knowledge and skills to build a solid career at HA Finance as well as to gain practical experience in different work environments. The duties include:
1. Assist in the management of day to day operations of different finance functional areas at corporate, cluster or hospital level, including but not limited to the following:
- Financial Planning
- Government subvention and reporting
- Budget planning and management
- Financial accounting and operations
- Revenue management
- Service costing and analytics
- Financial control, services and support
- Treasury and risk management
- Financial systems development
2. Assist in implementing projects, analysing data and compiling reports.
3. Co-ordinate with other parties to support the performance of financial functions.
4. Perform any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisors.
1. University degree in Finance, Accountancy or related business studies with not more than two years of post-degree full-time working experience.
2. Currently undertaking or prepare to undertake professional accounting examinations.
3. Proficiency in computing / PC skills, e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
4. Good command of written and spoken English.
5. Self-motivated, strong analytical ability and good interpersonal skills.
1. Fluent Cantonese and good written Chinese.
2. Proactive, strong adaptability to different work environments and drive to achieve excellence.
3. Good communication, organisation and problem solving skills.
1. Selected candidates will be deployed to work in Head Office and Clusters, and the office locations may change subject to operational and development needs.
2. Applicants who are expected to graduate from a recognised university degree by August 2021 are welcome to apply. If selected, their appointments will be subject to their having satisfied all the appointment requirements.
3. Please attach the final year transcript and CV in the online application. For 2021 graduates whose final year transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach university examination results of all academic years currently available for reference.
4. For more details about this programme, please refer to the poster and leaflet via the below link: https://www.ha.org.hk/haho/ho/fdd/programme_information_en.pdf
For Serving HA Staff
5. Selected candidates will be offered either contract or fixed appointment for 2 years depending on his / her existing employment terms. Serving contract employee will be offered contract employment with an up to 15% total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by Hospital Authority) as end-of-contract gratuity upon completion of contract with satisfactory performance. Serving permanent employee will be offered a fixed term appointment with a reversion clause according to the prevailing policies.
6. The offer of salary and allowance (Cash Allowance, Fixed-flexi Allowance or Monthly Allowance) for serving employees upon changes in appointment will be made in accordance with prevailing policies.
For External Applicants
7. Appointment will be on contract terms for 2 years. Up to 15% of total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by Hospital Authority) as end-of-contract gratuity may be offered upon completion of contract with satisfactory performance.
Please submit application online on or before 23 Apr 2021 via web site http://www.ha.org.hk (click careers). For enquiries, please telephone 2300 6133.