Team Lead, Prvt Equity Acctng
2 days left
- Experience level
The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to supervise and support a team of Analysts and Accountants within the Equity Accounting team. The team manage the corporate trust function for all private equity investment funds. The Team Leader reports to the Team Manager and assists with workflow distribution and maximizing the effectiveness of the team. Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for work flow distribution and the effective use of resources within the team
- Responsible for ensuring accurate complex fund valuations, distributions, calls / drawdowns and other calculations
- Prepares financial reports ensuring conformity to professional and regulatory requirements
- Research and prepare materials to support the development of new products or client opportunities
- Provide on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives
- Organize the work of the team, assign tasks, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
- Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis
- Assist the Team Manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team
- Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required
- Experience of Private Equity Accounting is required
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The role will require the ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.