An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a privately owned construction business going through a period of rapid growth. Our client has continued to see success throughout the pandemic and has a solid pipeline of upcoming infrastructure projects throughout 2021. There is currently a vacant position for a fully CPA/CA qualified Financial Accountant to join the team. The Financial Accountant role is the primary support function to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management reports and financial results for the Group.
The main duties of the Financial Accountant role will include but not limited to:
- Preparation of month-end financial results, including divisional profit and loss and balance sheets, consolidated profit and loss and balance sheet reports and group debtor and creditor reports
- Processing and reversal of all monthly accruals
- Clear intercompany loan accounts
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Monthly GL reconciliations
- Preparation of BAS statements
- Assist with the preparation of FBT returns
- Working with other Finance and Admin staff and operations staff to streamline and improve processes.
- Monthly cash flow forecasting for the Group
- Ad hoc duties as required by the wider Finance team
You will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting and be fully CA/CPA qualified. You will have a minimum of five years' Accounting experience in a similar role and be confident in your Accounting knowledge and capabilities. You will have a high attention to detail and demonstrated experience with stakeholder management and excellent communication skills. You will enjoy a relaxed and sociable team environment and be able to work both collaboratively and autonomously in your role.
Interviews are taking place next week. Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button below.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Job Reference No: 06810-0011767459LH