We are a top performing venture capital fund which invests in early stage technology companies. The first fund was raised in 2018, is fully invested and has generated returns of over 500% to date. Two further funds have been raised since, the latest having been raised 2 months ago.
We are a core operational team of four partners: an investment team of three and a CFO. We are looking for a finance manager to join us and develop into a key member of our team, potentially assuming position as FD or CFO in the future. The role will be multifaceted, across finance, accounting, tax, operations and legal. Candidates are not expected to have deep knowledge of all of these fields but a strong appetite to learn is key, as is strong foundational experience in a relevant field of tax or accounting.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a small team, develop on a steep learning trajectory with exposure to all aspects of venture capital, building technical, commercial and investor relationship skills.
The fund is a Luxembourg based fund with investors across the EU, USA and the Middle East, and investments made globally. Compliance is Luxembourg centric with a number of US filings also required. Investing globally means working with local law firms and tax advisers (when tax structuring is necessary).
The candidate would be working remotely (as do the rest of the team) so self-motivation and a strong work ethic are essential. Working alongside the CFO you will act as a key point of contact for investors, work directly with and manage workflows with several service providers, responsible for many of the tasks in the following areas:
Accounting & Tax
- Portfolio valuations and asset reconciliations;
- Reviewing accounting entries in Xero;
- Preparing quarterly reports (with specific partner allocations);
- Cash flow management;
- Compliance: annual audited FS ; Luxembourg corporate tax and VAT ; CRS/FATCA ; US corporate tax and K-1 reporting ;
- Approving invoices, reviewing and authorising payment runs.
- Formal and informal investor communication (eg investor notices and ad hoc queries, respectively;
- Onboarding new service providers (reading agreements, providing necessary KYC info);
- Ad hoc fund structuring, LP transactions, organising board meetings and minutes
- Luxembourg regulatory reporting (with advice from Lux counsel)
- US regulatory reporting (with advice from US counsel)
- AML/CFT compliance (for both investors and investments)
- Reviewing and negotiating deal documents and liaising with legal counsel to close;
- Deal tax structuring (if necessary), AML/CFT reviews and board approvals.
• Qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with demonstrable post-qualified experience
• Relevant experience in accountancy or tax (eg funds; private equity; partnerships; or other potentially relevant fields).
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, and timely and efficient in delivery of tasks;
• Self-motivated, able to work well remotely
• Hungry to learn, good problem solver
• Experienced user of excel or google sheets to perform complex accounting/modelling tasks
• The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes
Package and Opportunities
• EUR 65-80k pa (experience dependent)
• Career progression: the right candidate can expect to progress to Finance Director / CFO within 12-36 months;
• Generous budget for training and personal development (incl. international travel and accommodation);
• Discretionary performance related bonus (expectation 5 – 10%); Flexible holiday allowance; Pension; MacBook (for business use only) ; Office space (co-working) contribution.