Senior Treasury Analyst (perm)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Finance Shared Service (GFSS) function.
This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. The role is responsible for supporting the Treasury management team regionally and internationally, preparing daily and / or monthly activity reports. This role requires frequent interactions with large groups of partners, both internal and external.
The successful candidate will be self motivated, and demonstrate an ability to navigate competing priorities.
- Experience in ERP Systems, SAP and business banking platforms or systems desired
- Understanding of accounting standards and their application to treasury instruments
- Ability to build effective relationships with strong communication skills and ability to deal with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to operate in a large, multicultural organization and understanding of departmental relationships and responsibilities
- Investigative, methodical and tenacious mind set with the self motivation to drill down through large volumes of data while clearly focusing on the end objective
- Strongly analytical and extremely numerate with excellent attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism essential at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Manage all daily cash activity for over 60 entities. Calculate daily liquidity positions for all countries. Place funds on deposit with authorized financial institutions.
- Coordinate foreign exchange settlements
- Manage Intercompany Loan Portfolio and co-ordinate Intercompany settlements
- Perform month end close duties and reporting as required
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements and assist with the external audit process and liaise with Auditors
- Implement initiatives ensuring process standardization, optimization and automation
- Work with cross-functional teams including Tax, Legal & GBS to analyze and support both business and Treasury specific initiatives
- Investigation, reporting and follow up on Treasury Transactions with Treasury Colleagues, Banking Partners and Global Business Solution Teams
- Monitor and analyse banking fees and transactions of Treasury activities; reconcile fees
- Participate in ongoing and future Operations projects
- Ensure best in class treasury processes, procedures, systems & control environment
Education & Experience
- Min 5 years work experience in a treasury or Shared Services environment
- Minimum qualification of Undergraduate degree in business or accounting. (Treasury qualification – desired but not essential)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.