Extended Assurance - Manager – Treasury and Prudential Regulation - Financial Services
Extended Assurance - Manager – Treasury and Prudential Regulation - Financial Services – Leeds/Manchester
At EY, our Financial Services Assurance Team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result.
Extended Assurance is part of our Financial Services Assurance practice and provides ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the execution, governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements. The business is growing rapidly, and we are expanding our teams across the UK. This growth offers great opportunity for learning and progression.
Your key responsibilities
EY’s Financial Services Extended Assurance team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation’s business activities are operating effectively in addressing the challenges of the business. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive environment. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. As part of the Extended Assurance team you will work on the execution of a variety of projects including;
- Supporting clients by reviewing and advising on their processes and controls related to prudential / regulatory reporting requirements and industry developments
- Internal Audit of treasury functions, including liquidity and capital reporting responsibilities
- Regulatory reviews
- Supporting the delivery of s166 reviews and reporting to Regulators
You will work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Senior Managers, Directors and Partners. You will also have the opportunity to be involved with business development activities and exposure to a wide range of regulated clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- We are looking for assurance professionals with have a strong background in Financial Services
- You will use your expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm’s and industry standards
- You will be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office and where necessary, on client site
- You should have experience of working in assurance, risk or controls projects either as an auditor or consultant
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential
- Individuals who can demonstrate intellect, drive and focus, and the ability to succeed at EY
To qualify for the role, you must have
- External audit or internal controls/audit experience of the treasury function including liquidity and capital reporting
- Proven experience of working effectively in a team
- Evidence of working in an assurance related role either in a professional services firm or in industry with a blue-chip employer
- Particular industry specialism in Financial services, either in Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth & Asset Management or Insurance
- Practical experience and technical knowledge of prudential regulatory topics including one of the following:
- Credit, counterparty credit and / or market risk regulatory capital requirements including the associated regulatory reporting (e.g. PRA and COREP returns);
- Liquidity including LCR, PRA110 and NSFR, including the associated regulatory reporting (e.g. PRA and COREP returns); or
- ICAAP/ILAAP/Recovery and Resolution Plans/Solvent Wind Down Plan development and C-SREP/L-SREP processes
- Practical experience and technical knowledge of treasury operating environments
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional qualification ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA, ACMT
- Experience in new internal audit innovation; and/or Business audit skills
What we look for
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.