IFS - Finance-Firm Tax Associate/Senior Associate-Legal & Advisory - (KSA, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon)
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
As a part of our Internal Firm Services, you’ll provide strategic oversight, manage operations, and develop policies for all aspects of the Finance team.
The Firm Tax team is a part of the PwC Middle East Group’s OneFinance function. The team supports on all levels of the firm’s tax activity and is organized into three (3) subfunctions: Compliance & Audit; Governance & Risk; and Legal & Tax Advisory. This role is intended to support the Governance & Risk subfunction.
The ME Firm Tax Legal & Advisory Associate’s role is comprised of the following:
- prepare tax and legal advice for the PwC ME business outlining the Firm’s position on tax aspects of:
- client and vendor contracting arrangements;
- client and vendor billing arrangements;
- structuring of client and vendor contracts;
- cross-border transactions; and
- responding to other ad hoc matters pertaining to the Firm’s Tax position.
In addition, the role will also require reviewing of various tax and VAT related clauses in agreements and drafting of relevant clauses to give effect to the transaction/arrangement.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Support the ME Firm Tax Legal & Advisory (Subfunction) Lead in scoping and preparing Firm tax and legal advice, including:
- receiving and managing requests for Firm Tax and Legal advice;
- scoping with relevant stakeholders in order to ascertain business requirements;
- draft advices/opinions and make recommendations based on legal requirements;
- seek practical solutions to legal impediments;
- draft policies and procedures as required;
- draft legal agreements and documents;
- provide guidance and support on tax optimisation and tax savings projects;
- provide guidance and support on legal aspects of managing tax compliance risks across the ME Group, escalating to the subfunction lead &/or ME Firm Tax Leader where material;
- provide guidance to and supervision of junior members of the team and facilitate specialist stakeholder support where applicable;
- ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Work with the sub function lead and ME Firm Tax Leader and other relevant business stakeholders to develop and implement tax efficient structuring of company operations across the ME Group, ensuring local (country specific) laws are adhered to.
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and solve complex tax challenges.
- Refine tax policy and procedure documentation and ensure proper implementation and adherence across the ME Group.
- Develop strong working relationships and interface with all stakeholders across the ME Group.
- Conduct internal tax related training across the ME Group.
- Be actively involved in and a positive influence on team recruiting, development, training and retention.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- BA in law, with a tax, contract/commercial law major or B.Com (Law).
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in law (with a taxation, contract/commercial focus), preferably with a legal firm (international or golden circle) or professional services firm (Big 4). Exposure to the ME region’s taxation requirements would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to many levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in order to communicate effectively internally and externally (with business advisors, tax advisors, lawyers, other stakeholders, etc.).
- Time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines and resolve urgent issues with stakeholders.
- Consulting skills in order to analyze reports/transactions, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work within a team.
- High level of understanding across a broad range of tax related matters including compliance and corporate tax optimization.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.