Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
This managerial position is within the Asia Pacific Global Services (GS) Business unit located in Hangzhou servicing clients in China.
This role is to set up the operations of the Fund Services for China market, ensure the designed operating model could consistently deliver high quality services to internal and external customers and fulfil bank’s requirements for operation risk management.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP, you will:
- Design the operating model to fulfill various requirements from newly on boarded clients in China and in compliance with regulatory and internal risk control requirements
- Manage client demands and integrate into designed operating model
- Manage internal and external client relationships and handle daily operation related queries.
- Manage and oversee development of all subordinate staff members Manage internal workflow and client deadlines on a daily basis
- Ensure service level agreements are met and implement appropriate changes where necessary.
- Develop, review and analyze metric data & risk reports and present findings and solutions to Management Project out recruitment requirements to ensure all gaps are filled, including any future business requirements and general organizational structure
- Play an active role in the recruitment process
- Produce regular management and risk reports and to Management
- Update all management information systems to ensure timely and accurately representation of the Unit Lead client onboarding projects, which will include ensuring procedures are adequate, onboarding checklists & ‘Go Live” documents are executed, and etc.
- Oversee reviews of procedures on a regular basis to ensure alignment with Standard Operating Procedures is up to date
- Comply with company risk and compliance requirements and assist in the Corporate Audit when necessary Analyze current processes and recommend process improvements
- Work with IT teams regarding any specific development requirements
- Participate in special internal client or projects as required Drive corporate strategy with initiatives Conduct UAT, BCP test on new fund accounting system
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Familiar with the QDII,QFII, CIBM and etc. business, have broad knowledge of fund accounting process of A/B share and bond markets Strong ability and past experience to drive changes and projects. Good communication and interpersonal skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in fund service with a good understanding of China business and local regulation. 8+ years of management experience Securities qualification or accounting related certification is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.