Senior PMO Analyst
EY Global Delivery Services means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
The overall purpose of the Program Management Office (PMO) Analyst role is to provide PMO services to the Service Delivery teams within a given functional team to ensure a high quality of service to our customers. The services focus on the following: demand, pipeline, project and financial management. PMO services include the embedding of methods and processes within the service delivery teams; monitoring and reporting on the provision of service to customers from initial request through to program/project delivery including managing and conducting program/project health checks; effectively managing the project pipeline to optimize delivery; financial management activities to ensure we are responsibly and effectively managing budgets; resource management activities to ensure effective utilization and capacity management; developing and maintaining the overall goals for the function (through the balanced scorecard), contributing to and driving those goals across the function on behalf of the function leader; contributing to the design of processes and tools used by service delivery functions to ensure demand, program/project status, finances etc can be easily aggregated to the enterprise level; reporting via management dashboards with actions identified to deliver continual improvement. Each PMO Analyst may support one or more PMO Managers and will be asked to participate in specific improvement initiatives linked to this area of activity.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Work with the Service Delivery Team to understand their portfolio, business strategy, prioritization, etc. to facilitate quality service delivery.
- Work with IT Global Program Management Office and cross functional PMOs to define the approach to, for example:
- Customer request reporting and monitoring from initial request through demand management and for approved concepts to program/project delivery
- Assessing and improving the health of programs/projects
- Assessing and improving the effectiveness of portfolio management and demand management processes
- Service Delivery function FY Plan and Outlook principles, processes, roles/responsibilities etc
- Identifying, defining, developing and implementing improvements to project/financial reporting and monitoring processes and procedures
- Tool requirements for delivering project/financial reporting and monitoring
- Provide executive visibility to project, program, portfolio and functional level status, issues, risks, costs, etc.
- Provide information to IT Global Program Management Office so demand, financials, service and project delivery can be aggregated to the enterprise level
- Produce integrated life cycle dashboard reports at the function, portfolio and sub-portfolio levels to show for example demand requests, budget v actual v projected spend, program/project delivery
- Monitor people process and technology within the Service Delivery function.
- Identify and deliver actions to improve the quality of service delivery based on monitoring and reporting activities and management information
- Work with service delivery teams to manage the functional and portfolio pipeline
- Work with service delivery teams to drive data accuracy
- Financial Management
- Assist with FY Plan and Outlook activities
- Monitor and report on actual and projected spend to demonstrate function operates within FY Plan/Outlook – function, portfolio and program/project levels.
- Monitor and report on program/project financials to demonstrate project managers are managing financials in accordance with sound financial principles and recommend corrective actions
- Assist in the implementation and embedding of process, methods and best practice into service delivery activities for the function, including project management, financial management, resource management, etc.
- Improve consistency, effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery processes and tools
- Encourage best practice through the champion networks and knowledge coordination
- Project Management
- Conduct program/project health checks to help assure program/project delivery including for example artifact, gate reviews, and monitoring for delivery to scope, time and cost
- Work with the global resource and vendor management teams on staff requirements and reporting.
- Work with the service delivery teams to prioritize customer demand, both within a portfolio and across the function.
- Provide services regarding people processes including PMDP, functional alignment, etc.
- Along with People Team, maintain role standardization ensuring alignment with competency programs and career development programs
- Improve communications, content and transparency of information with key customers
- Work with function and service delivery leaders to implement ongoing communication method to entire team
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.