Tax – Financial Services, International and Transaction Tax – Senior Manager / Manager
Tax – Financial Services, International and Transaction Tax – Senior Manager / Manager (US Tax Experience)
EY Private Equity (PE) Tax services provides tax advisory, transaction support and tax compliance services to some of the world's largest private equity funds and institutional investors.
EY teams are is seeking a candidate with a US tax advisory or compliance background to join the teams of international tax professionals who help clients manage all aspects of a private equity tax function, including acquisition structuring, fund set up and design as well as help in managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border obligations. More specifically, the successful candidate should be able to leverage their existing US tax skills but be willing to broaden and develop their Asia-Pacific tax knowledge to provide international tax advice to regional Asia- Pacific PE funds more broadly.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to provide excellent services to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leverage your US tax skills to serve a global PE client that has outsourced their tax function.
- Providing deal structuring (including holding structures and financing) advice in relation to real estate, private equity and infrastructure investments in various jurisdictions across Asia.
- Reviewing tax matters in relation to deal team financial models and tax due diligence / structuring assistance.
- Coordination with various internal and external parties to help ensure the timely delivery of sophisticated tax planning, monitoring, and help in implementing efficient tax advice to various fund clients
- Providing and coordinating the provision of local and offshore tax advice and compliance in relation to restructures, refinancing and disposals of investments.
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business
- Provide timely and high-quality services that help to meet client requirements
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations
To qualify for the role you must have:
- An undergraduate degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, taxation, economics, finance or law (an advanced degree in economics, law, tax or accounting is desirable)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant US tax advisory or compliance services’ experience gained from sizable public accounting firm or financial industry;
- Either private equity tax or cross-border M&A tax advisory experience is desirable
- Experience across multiple jurisdictions would be an advantage
- Strong tax technical skills
- Strong negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese an advantage
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.