Position: Audit Associate
Years of experience: 0 – 1 year
Department: Audit & Assurance
An Audit Associate works effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress with a proactive and result-oriented approach. The work exposure includes delivering high quality statutory audits and a positive client experience during the performance of a variety of assurance and testing work for a portfolio of diversified clients in different industries.
- Responsible for audit planning, system review and audit fieldwork.
- Carry out audit work of companies in various industries.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and audit finalization reports.
- Perform internal control testing.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements
- Dealing with clients in the course of conducting the audit.
- Fully understands purpose and objectives of assigned areas before commencing work.
- Manages own time effectively to meet engagement timelines and maintaining a positive attitude and good pace throughout.
- Produces high quality work promptly and works within Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Identifies and communicates engagement issues as well as engagement progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Establishes good working relationships with clients and shows understanding of client’s needs.
- Responds promptly to client’s queries/requests; keeps promises; follows through and keeps contacts informed of progress.
- Demonstrates conscientiousness and commitment to problem solving.
- Demonstrates eagerness to work towards common goals and works with others in a positive, co-operative and helpful manner.
- Acts in a manner consistent with the Firm’s values.
Technical expertise, professional qualifications and experience
- Degree in Accounting, ACCA or its equivalent which is recognised by ISCA.
- Fresh graduates are welcome.
- Prior internship experiences within the audit assurance space will be an added advantage.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses good knowledge of office applications (MS Office).