Manager, Audit, Assurance
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.The opportunityWe are actively recruiting Audit professionals at the Manager level to join our Audit team in Canberra. Our Auditor opportunities are offered on a flexible full-time basis. You'll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-edge learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You'll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.Your key responsibilities
- Manage the audit engagement by defining audit strategy, in consultation with the Senior Manager / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocol
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients' sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
Skills and attributes for successTo qualify for the role, you must have:
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
*With the current border and quarantine restrictions in place, we are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in the Country in which they're applying.Ideally, you'll also have:
- At least 7 years' experience as an auditor
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of a recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you'll develop the mindset and skills you'll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you'll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. EY | Building a better working worldThe preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary of an experience Manager is $109,500 including 9.5% superannuation.© 2021 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.