Property Accountant / Client Accountant
We are looking for a Property Accountant / Client Accountant to join our Private Client team in the Isle of Man
The successful candidate will work as part of a small team providing property accounting services to a large UK based client. You will be responsible for a portfolio of property holding and investment structures. The role will include all elements of accounting for a number of structures including bookkeeping, monthly or quarterly management accounts, cash reporting, VAT returns and annual financial statements.
What will you do?
- Work proactively and collaboratively with Accounting and Administration Team Members on all client tasks.
- Preparation of VAT returns and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) returns.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts to include accounting for accruals/prepayments, rental income, tenant incentive calculations, bank and internal finance and bookkeeping of property manager reports and bank statements.
- Management of internal and client relationships to ensure timely production of accounts.
- Liaising with property managers on a regular basis.
- Assist the auditors of client entities where applicable.
- Liaising with tax advisors where relevant to assist with the preparation of UK Corporation Tax returns.
- Preparation of quarterly loan covenant calculations and compliance reporting to banks.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, or qualified by experience working in a similar role.
- Strong bookkeeping and accounts preparation experience.
- Knowledge and experience of preparing VAT returns would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work to tight reporting deadlines that are particularly focused around calendar quarter ends and take responsibility for own workload.
- Experience of preparing management accounts and Financial Statements in accordance with FRS 102
- At least 2 years’ experience within the CSP environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of commercial property accounting beneficial but not essential.
- Working knowledge of the following systems would be advantageous – Sage, Word and Excel.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.