This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants a varied opportunity at a friendly, well established and growing business. This is an office based role at the site in Burton-on-Trent, and employees are currently working in the office.
Our client is an SME manufacturing business based in Burton-on-Trent, which operates throughout Europe. The business is part of a large Group that operates all over the globe. The business has experienced significant growth over the last c. 5 years, and it is forecasting further growth for 2021. This growth has prompted the business to create a new role of Assistant Accountant, to support the Finance Manager.
As Assistant Accountant you will reporting into the Finance Manager. Your role will be extremely varied and will be a great mix of management accounts, financial accounts and transactional finance. Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Producing the accounts up to trial balance.
- Sales ledger processing including raising sales invoices and credit notes, posting receipts, maintaining customer accounts, and dealing with customer queries.
- Purchase ledger processing including recording invoices, dealing with supplier invoice queries, and scheduling bacs payments.
- Intercompany invoicing.
- General ledger maintenance and posting bank payments.
- Processing company credit card transactions and petty cash transactions.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Month end journal - prepayments and accruals.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the financial month end.
- Managing accounts mailing box, ensuring all queries being dealt on timely basis.
- Supporting with ad-hoc projects when required
To apply for this position you will:
- Have a stable record of working in finance
- Have experience of producing accounts to trial balance
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Ideally have some accounting qualification e.g. AAT Qualified or Part-Qualified, or CIMA/ACCA Part-Qualified, but qualified by experience candidates will also be considered
This is a permanent opportunity to join a growing but well established business. In addition to being provided with a varied role, our client is offering:
- A salary between £25,000 and £30,000 dependent upon experience
- An annual bonus, which is based upon company and individual performance
- Study support for AAT, CIMA or ACCA, if desired
- 29 days holiday plus statutory days
- Life insurance