Mumbai, Financial Reporting - Associate/Sr.Associate
Job Title: Financial Reporting – Senior Associate
Reporting to: Financial reporting manager, Mumbai
Location: Mumbai, India.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”) is a leading provider of third party hedge fund services with offices in New York, London, Dublin, Hong Kong, Glasgow and Mumbai and has approx. 600 employees in India.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
The Financial Reporting team is responsible for the delivery of financial statements to our hedge fund clients. The global team is based in Mumbai and Glasgow. The Associate will report to the Financial Reporting Manager, and will assist in the preparation of financial statements of hedge funds under US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS. The Associate will be a member of an existing team and will work with the team in providing timely deliverables, for the interim and year-end audits.
The position requires strong knowledge in preparing financial statement of investment companies per US GAAP/IFRS, accounting skills and good knowledge of securities and derivative products.
- Preparing financials from supporting documents.
- Preparing Condensed Schedule of Investments (CSoI)
- Preparing Statement of Cash Flows
- Assisting auditors and ensuring the smooth audit of the financial statements by providing valid backup data for every figure presented in the financial statements
- Analytical and Interpretational skills
- Good communication skills.
- Ensure the financial statements are provided within the deadlines .
- Follow internal control policies and procedures.
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following attributes:-
2 years PQE in auditing or financial reporting is preferable. Experience in Public accounting or Hedge Fund Administration is a distinct advantage.
Skill and Abilities
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.