Tax Associate - Corporate Tax & Transfer Pricing
As our Tax Assosiate you will have the opportunity to be part of a fast paced, high performing team. You will play a key role in supporting the business on all aspects of corporation tax within the centralised tax function for the group. This role is based in our Dublin Head Office.
What the role involves:
What the role involves:
- Support the Manager and the tax team with the corporation tax compliance cycle and ensure that all requested information is provided to external advisors in order to prepare local tax returns in a timely manner. Review draft tax returns and related documents to support tax manager with tax return finalisation.
- Review and instruct relevant tax payments on account to tax authorities in a timely manner.
- Ensure tax cashflow forecast is kept up to date with most recent tax payments.Assist with gathering information for any external tax audits.
- Support tax reporting to our shareholder, ABF plc, for budget, forecasts and year-end ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information provided.
- Prepare information for the group’s auditors at half year and year-end.
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting team on the preparation and review of tax charges and tax notes/disclosures for all statutory financial statements.
- Keep up to date with changes in tax law and practice across all jurisdictions that may be relevant to Primark.
- Engage positively with tax advisors and authorities in all jurisdictions to continue to develop Primark’s good reputation.
- Prepare filings and documentation for compliance with transfer pricing obligations.
- Liaise with external advisors on fees and raise purchase orders for payments to advisors.
- Prepare and post period end accruals for various taxes.
- Experience of tax modules at third level
- Proven experience in Accounting and Tax, industry experience an advantage.
- Interest in Tax
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust