Senior Consultant, Regulatory Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Fund Administration Team services a wide range of Investment Managers to launch and offer their funds to a wide market of investor types. The role will involve the successful candidate acting as the lead contact for fund administration to the various stakeholders and delivering regulatory projects.
- Engage with Northern Trust IT groups to implement improvements to existing Northern Trust Regulatory and Investor Tax solutions.
- Engage with Business Evolution, EMEA BPA and Project Implementation to identify the best technical approach to fulfilling Northern Trust Regulatory and Investor Tax Requirements.
- Work with the Regulatory Reporting team to fully capture any required fixes, improvements or developments to Regulatory solution and prepare the necessary project implementation and Business Requirements documents.
- Act as an SME on the technical operation of the Northern Trust Regulatory solutions including valuation point investor Tax solutions, Central Bank of Ireland Reporting templates, AIFMD Reporting extracts and KIID/PRIIPs reporting.
- Support Project Implementation with the development of new Regulatory Reporting services and become the system/technical SME on the new solutions.
- Engage with the Regulatory Reporting team, asset setup, AIP, Custody and other Northern Trust areas to improve the quality of the data on Northern Trust systems which is feeding into the report.
- Identify and develop solutions which can improve the efficiency and accuracy of Northern Trust Regulatory Reporting services. Focus on the removal of manual intervention from the process where possible.
- Support FAPD, the Regulatory Reporting Team, Product and Project implementation on projects.
- Design and implement comprehensive test plans and accurately record evidence of the results of the testing. Monitor the results of the testing and provide clear feedback to Regulatory Team manages on any issues encountered during the testing.
- Assist the Regulatory Reporting team with any technical issues encountered during the running of Regulatory Reporting and lead engagement with the relevant IT or data teams to resolve these issues as quickly and fully as possible.
- Join other Regulatory Reporting team partners on the Regulatory Helpdesk on ERM with particular focus on resolving cases related to the technical aspects of the set-up, running and operation of the Regulatory Reporting solutions
- Assist the Regulatory Reporting team within the creation and maintenance of issues logs to track priority issues and updates on how these issues are being resolved.
- Provide input into FTE and Regulatory Reporting Resource Requirements based on the technical knowledge of the operation of a Regulatory Solution. Work with IT teams to establish accurate estimates for developments which take into account the full development requirement.
- Assist the Regulatory Reporting team with the development of procedures for the running of the Regulatory Solutions with an emphasis on ensuring that the solutions are being run in the most efficient way.
- Support any Adhoc requests from Clients, Regulators or Tax authorities which may require the extraction of large volumes of data from Northern Trust systems.
- Work with the Business Evolution and the wider Fund Administration group on the testing of wider process and system developments from a Regulatory Reporting perspective.
- Participate on the Monthly EMEA wide Regulatory and Investor Tax Reporting panel to understand technical challenges faced by teams involved in Regulatory and Investor Tax Reporting across the European office. Understand the differences in systems and process across jurisdictions.
RELATIONSHIPS AND STAKEHOLDERS
- Direct Manager – Divisional Manager
- Internal Stakeholders – Global Fund Services (GFS) Ireland Head of Fund Accounting Ireland and Limerick, Section Managers, New Business Teams, Relationship Managers, Client Service Delivery Managers and Product Teams
- External Key Stakeholders – Clients, Investment Managers, Regulators including CBoI and FED
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of the Fund Administration Business and platforms used.
- Proven knowledge of project management concepts, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Think ‘outside of the box’ when designing or proposing solutions, to help arrive at the most transferrable, simplistic and flexible solution.
- Experience in the preparation of Project initiation and Business Requirements documents.
- Fund Administration Industry and Regulatory knowledge.
- Can engage on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- Manage project teams and ensure tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure best use of resources and systems.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Contributes, promotes, and adopts new ideas and approaches.
- Confident, well-balanced and resilient, displays drive and energy directed to the achievement of well-defined goals
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues against challenging deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional Qualifications in Change Management or Business Analysis is preferable, but not essential. An interest in obtaining project qualifications is an advantage.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.