Operational Risk Management Consultant , RCSA
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialize in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
The Operational Risk Management Consultant Under is responsible for monitoring compliance the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Program. The Consultant works to detect and advises management of potential risk issues and recommends procedural changes to mitigate risk. They are responsible for researching and developing solutions for issues being addressed by the department, and will interpret and clarify policies and procedures in order to respond to inquiries and requests for information.
You may also execute a broader role across the team in terms of recommending or developing operational efficiencies and/or producing and delivering presentations which assist the wider risk management department with understanding root causes of control gaps, industry trends, peer practices, etc.
This position will report to the Risk Manager in Manila.
- Reviews, disseminates, and interprets policies and procedures. Works to proactively establish and document related policies, procedures and standards within the parameters of any relevant laws and regulations.
- Verifies that activities meet any regulatory requirements and monitors outcomes/risk levels for the organization or assigned area.
- Consults with partners regarding daily decisions that could pose risk and conflict with existing policy.
- Communicates and provides advice and requirements to managers and appropriate personnel.
- Identifies situations which pose significant risk and guides management in developing policies and/or procedures that create the proper balance between risk and reward.
- Interacts with regulators, internal and external auditors on regulatory topics as needed and appropriate.
- Provides direction and training to more junior staff.
- Serves on internal and external groups to provide and receive advice on industry trends.
- Communicate with management, leading efforts to discuss the business/risk environment and issues/risks identified.
- Researches applicable subject areas to support increased team and department knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Knowledge of risk management and strategic goals for the organization's business.
- Knowledge of RCSA regulations and practices within the financial services industry.
- Strong communication and analytical skills which are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and to develop compliant policies and procedures.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a Global Risk team across Multiple Time Zones and Jurisdictions.
- A bachelor's degree or qualification in relevant audit, risk management, regulatory, or compliance areas.
- 7 or more years of risk management experience with implementing and operating RCSA processes preferred but not required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.