Authorised Requestor (11 month contract)
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day we will connect you with your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have own your part in our continued success, and be a key player within your job function.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
In this exciting role, you'll become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfilment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Finance Shared Service (GFSS) function.
We are currently seeking to recruit a team member in the Authorised Requestor team in EMEIA. The wider team consists of 21 people and this role sits in a team within that which supports the Advertising, Merchandising and Sales and Marketing space across the region.
Key QualificationsProven ability to build effective business partnershipsComfortable establishing positive relationships and working with business partners across multiple business functionsAbility to solve problems and prioritise multiple tasks, constantly adapting to a global, fast-paced environmentExcellent communication skillsDetail oriented and strong organisation skillsExercise good judgment and discretion while applying Apple policyProficient with Microsoft Excel and SAPProficiency with other financial systems and tools experience a plus: eApproval, Tableau, Supplier ConnectIdentify areas for improvement and drive solutions focusing on driving standard methodologies across all areas of the team.Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external groups
- Direct business partners on the most accurate way to make a purchase (e.g. PO, P-Card, AOU Portal, etc) and tools to use to self-service
- Support business partners and suppliers in Supplier set-up
- Strong financial sensibility and an analytical approach, being a key subject matter expert on the P2P process and tools for business partners.
- Typically handles sophisticated and high-value processes.
- Perceived as a leader on the team and someone to go-to to solve issues
- Involved in projects and process improvement initiatives, frequently providing suggestions on how to make things better
- Ensure purchase requisitions are raised in a timely manner and accordance with existing contracts and Apple Policy requirements
- Have a good understanding of finance and accounting principles (e.g. recognising expenses in the right period; understanding assets vs expenses; etc)
- Ensure invoices are approved efficiently with a strong level of support, while using the right level of judgement
- Manage POs, including closing POs that are no longer needed and raising change orders to add funds to pre-existing POs when needed. Works with FA and Business Partners to support the quarter end close process (e.g. provide open POs; identify invoices in process; provide insight on work performed; is aware of historical trends; etc).
- Strives to meet service level targets (e.g. Discount attainment, on-time payments, etc)
- Understands controls and align with SOX requirements and can effectively communicate those controls and requirements to business partners
- Is highly efficient at processing PRs and Invoices, while maintaining the appropriate level of oversight
- Work with suppliers to ensure they are aware of the best ways to invoice Apple to ensure invoices can be processed and paid in a timely and compliant manner
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.