Associate Consultant - SAS based Risk Reporting & Analytics
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
- Contribute to the development/changes of CECL CCAR, Business EL and IFRS9 platform which is built in SAS.
- Understand end to end the current SAS codes and the platforms.
- Implement models, develop and change existing logic
- Coordinate with IT, PMO, and other internal stakeholders
- Ensure accurate testing and approvals
- Ensure all controls are documented and executed correctly
- Perform risk and finance model execution for CEC, CCAR, IFRS9 and Business EL.
- Ensure all model execution procedures are documented and followed
- Produce/Analyse and review model execution results, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Coordinate with BUs and other stakeholders inside and outside of Risk on non-modelled approaches
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as requested by senior management, with the ability to translate detailed information into concise and actionable items.
- Prepare and support the creation of materials for executive audiences, committees, and regulators
- Support responses for internal and external audits and examinations
- Support the execution of analyses like portfolio, trend, attribution and impact analysis
- Support other automation opportunities with CMLR Team, involving Advanced VBA, Power BI, Axiom, Cognos and Murex (as applicable)
- B.tech/M.Tech From Tier 1/2 College or experience from relevant industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a Tier ½ institution
- 4+ years of experience in Risk or Finance at a large US financial institution or equivalent consulting experience
- 2+ years of experience of advanced technical expertise in SAS/ Python/ R
- Preferred to have working experience of Credit related regulations
- Preferred to have familiarity and working experience with Credit Risk-related regulations (CCAR, CECL, IFRS9, RWA, SCCL etc.)
- SAS Certification is preferable.
- High degree of attention to detail and focus on error-free execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience presenting to executive audiences and strong Power-point and Word skills
- Excellent analytical skills, including Excel and SAS or other statistical programs
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.