Digibank, Financial Management and Reg Reporting Lead
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia's leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
Get to know the Role:-
- Own and be accountable for accuracy, timeliness, effectiveness and efficiency of all processes related to controllership for Digibank
- Ensure compliance with company policies, and applicable accounting standards, as well as related regulatory reporting requirements and tax filings
- Collaborate with technical accounting, legal, tax, treasury and compliance to ensure we are appropriately accounting for any new initiatives and partner with them on accounting memo and policies
- Review monthly Group management account and year end financial statements are prepared timely and accurately
- Will have the opportunity to drive the implementation of Digibank new business initiatives for Finance by partnering with IT finance, Product, Legal, Business partnering and marketing.
- Support strategy, operations and financial planning using a data-driven approach, that guides businesses on market segment evaluation and development
- Develop, maintain and revise policies, procedures, processes and internal controls to ensure that proper governance are practiced and upheld
- You must be comfortable working independently, dealing with ambiguity, be organized and process effective interpersonal skills to successfully partner with cross functional teams
- Your ability to influence, communicate and drive change and value to the business will be critical
- Proven experience leading high-performance teams on daily operations and key metrics while guiding them towards the strategic direction and objectives of the wider company
- Building and mentoring a lean team of high performers
- Ensure cross-finance readiness for lending product initiatives, providing jurisdictional expertise
- Responsible on setting up the finance process / functions and system solutioning on financial reportings
- Project manage and implement various company-wide strategic initiatives as well as Finance internal projects. Think through the implications to various finance teams and drive all the work streams to complete deliverables in line with commitments
- Identify opportunities to eliminate and automate where possible – make finance and related processes are simple and effective as possible (Keeping internal customer in mind)
- Represent finance on a cross-functional integration team with strong influence to ensure that they incorporate finance requirements into the product development
- Provide insightful information and expectations to management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Finance business partnering with stakeholders/ business.
- Min. of 13 years of relevant experience working in the banking industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/ Commerce discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Qualified accountant (CA/CPA/ACCA) or other professional accounting accreditation
- Experience with IFRS
- Integrity and firm in ensuring compliance of policies and internal controls.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to construct and deliver clear presentations to senior company executives
- Well-developed communication skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Superb presentation and communication skills
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing app in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and logistics across a region of more than 620 million people. Working with governments, drivers, passengers, and charities, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress. Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but has extended its product platform to include private car services (GrabCar & GrabShare), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling (GrabHitch), last mile delivery (GrabExpress), food delivery (GrabFood) and a B2B service for corporate clients (Grab For Work). We are focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. Currently we offer services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar; however, we have R&D offices in Seattle, Beijing & Bangalore as well. If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.