Fixed Term and Secondment Opportunities Executive Officers
Details of Opportunity
The Welsh Government works by the values set out in the Civil Service Code: integrity, objectivity, honesty and impartiality. In addition we have our own values and expectations which encapsulate our 'Welsh way' of working. These also reflect the ambitions set out in the Well-being of Future Generations Act.
This is an opportunity to progress to our Executive Officer pay band which is typically the first level with people management responsibilities. The management role may include organising workloads, monitoring work flow, performance management, training and development, mentoring and coaching. Successful candidates will be supported as they develop in their new grade and a range of opportunities will be made available as candidates take up their new roles.
Currently, Welsh Government have a broad range of priority roles available which require skills, experience and knowledge in line with the EO Grade Description and Behaviours listed below. The roles appointed to via this scheme will be in areas such as policy development and delivery, project management and operational delivery. There may also be roles supporting a range of professions across Welsh Government, such as the Legal Services, Digital Data and Technology, or Communications professions.
What the organisation will expect from you in an EO role
- You will be able to work independently on day-to-day issues, providing advice to more senior individuals and supporting departmental priorities.
- You will be flexible, pro-active and self-motivated, working across teams when necessary to deliver Organisational business objectives; understanding your areas of responsibility and display awareness of the wider impact of your actions.
- You will have an awareness and understanding of how your area of work links to other areas of work and the wider structure of the organisation.
What your team will expect
- You will be able to manage your own workload and priorities to ensure that objectives are met on time and to a high quality using own initiative and decision making.
- You will invest time in your own development, acting as a role model and supporting the development of others. Providing opportunities and encouragement for individuals to develop, sharing your knowledge and experience.
- You will manage/supervise, develop, motivate and support diverse group of staff and colleagues, making best use of staff and other resources. Actively support and include all staff and colleagues, treating them fairly and respecting everyone as individuals.
What key stakeholders will expect
- You will establish professional relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders and customers in order to achieve results.
- You will communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using appropriate communication channels.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact by bringing your valuable and unique lived experience, knowledge, skills and abilities to the Welsh Government.
You will be able to develop your capabilities by being involved in a wide range of critical work (such as the COVID-19 response and EU transition) and by working with a wide range of partners e.g. local authorities, private companies and third sector organisations.
You will also be able to develop your understanding of the political landscape and the role that Ministers play in setting the agenda for your business area.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.