Global Records Management Program Manager, Risk & Compliance
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
You will be responsible in establishing and driving the implementation of strategies to manage records and information management risk and assure internal and external stakeholders, clients and regulators of Northern Trust compliance with relevant laws and regulations across Business Units and Operational Functions in Northern Trust.
Reporting into the Global Head of Privacy, the role will focus on the design and execution of records management strategies that align with Business strategies and support the implementation of the Global Records and Information Management Program and Policy across Northern Trust.
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive regulatory, technical, business and functional knowledge and expertise in records management, risk mitigation, privacy and compliance
- Acts as principle Records Management point of contact and Subject Matter Expert for the processing and handling of physical and electronic records by Business Units and Operational Functions overseeing the management of electronic and/or paper-based information.
- Design and develop records management systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys by identifying the most appropriate records management resources.
- Advise on new records management policies, providing a framework to guide the management of organization records, and oversee the implementation retention and disposal schedules
- Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information as per compliance & organization guidelines.
- Advise on complex legal and regulatory issues that impact records management, including Financial Services Regulations and Data Protection Laws
- Preserve corporate memory and heritage
- Contributes to the implementation of the Global Privacy Program by supporting the appropriate assessment and application of legal and regulatory requirements that impact Northern Trust records
- Carries out records management regulatory monitoring initiatives involving assessment of impact on services and legal entities across Northern Trust, whilst closely engaging with multiple disciplines and stakeholders.
- Undertakes risk assessments new products and services, developed internally and / or provided by third party suppliers, to ensure risks associated with the handling of Northern Trust records are identified and managed in line with Global Policies and Standards.
- Line manages the Privacy Operations Team in the Philippines.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with the global, regional and local privacy, risk and compliance teams and Business Units and Operational Functions that are subject to privacy and information processing requirements.
- Consistently displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the rest of the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
What you must have
- At least 10 year of relevant work experience within financial/banking industry, focusing on risk management or compliance
- Has working knowledge and expert in records management or a related subject e.g. Privacy.
- Good to have the following but not required: Certified Records Manager (CRM), Information Governance Professional (IGP) certifications or equivalent Privacy certifications
- Knowledge of risk management and strategic goals for the bank's business and the financial services industry.
- In depth knowledge of regulations impacting records management such as privacy and financial services regulations, acquired through formal education and work experience is required.
- Proven track record in developing and leading records and information management risk and compliance strategies, policy and governance frameworks, implementation of controls to effectively manage compliance risks
- Proven leadership experience in an information / data management and governance setting
- Experience and knowledge of existing working practices in the financial services industry, including provision of technical advice, risk management, outsourcing, information security controls, data protection impact assessments, and governance and compliance.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, whilst maintaining focus on organization and team activities.
- Communication and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and apply regulations.
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.