Senior Auditor, Audit Services
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Northern Trust is recruiting for a Senior Auditor II to join the Audit Services Department with a focus on audits over Northern Trust's risk management and compliance activities. Under general supervision, the role includes supporting the design, assessment and review of Northern Trust’s activities to determine adherence to various regulatory and compliance obligations and expectations (e.g. credit risk, financial crime compliance, fraud, operational risk assessments, data privacy, etc.). The selected candidate will work closely with Audit Specialists and Audit Team Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement.
Based on skill sets and experience, the selected candidate will lead audit project teams, including providing audit team oversight and communicating results of the engagement to management. In this role, the Senior Auditor II will actively engage with senior members of Northern Trust management, including those responsible for leading the compliance and risk programs program as well as client facing business units.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducts complex, cross-jurisdictional, technically difficult, and high risk global audit engagements with appropriate attention to detail
- Leads audit project teams, including taking ownership and being accountable in meeting stated audit project objectives and timeframes, adhering to Department Policies and Standards, and actively communicating results of the engagement
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the business risks, controls, and processes, along with an understanding of relevant laws, regulatory rules, and knowledge of the impact of systems within areas reviewed
- Accurately designs and executes the testing approach and ensures that work paper documentation is clear, concise, supports the reviews performed, and explains decisions made during the project
- Provides technical expertise and applies analytical skills to review information, performs assessments of the audit results, and evaluates the adequacy of controls
- Actively communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management and is responsible for compiling findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports
- Communicates with management, including leading efforts to discuss the business/risk environment and issues/risks raised during the audit review, along with providing periodic updates on the status of the project
- Develops technical expertise towards becoming a reliable subject area expert to build authentic relationships with the team and auditee to be able to provide comprehensive, in-depth insight and leadership
- Conducts presentations on audit scope and audit results to senior stakeholders in the business and Audit Department
- Works collaboratively with team members across multiple jurisdictions and cultures
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Proven experience within internal audit, external audit or assurance work in the financial services industry or consulting capacity
- Strong knowledge of internal audit processes such as sampling, testing, and process/control walkthroughs with strong workpaper documentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or interest in regulatory compliance or risk management
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) preferred but not mandatory
- Proven ability to work independently, engage with senior stakeholders, and work in a team environment
- Strong report writing, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; experience with audit workpaper applications such as Teammate
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.