Consultant - Team Leader, Risk Reporting & Analytics
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is looking to recruit Consultant for its Bangalore Centre. Successful recruit would be part of Northern Trust's Credit Market Liquidity Risk Analytics and Reporting Team. This is a highly visible role, with frequent interaction with business partners in Finance, Accounting, and Credit Risk Management.
- Lead the execution of Risk model execution including CECL, CCAR, RWA and support projects across SCCL, Counterparty, Liquidity etc.
- o Produce, review, analyse, and document, and present model execution results, including investigating and documenting key drivers of changes to ensure accuracy and management understanding
- Develop execution plans/project plans, setting and meeting all key deadlines
- Ensure all model execution procedures and controls are documented and executed correctly
- Coordinate with BUs and other stakeholders inside and outside of Risk on non-modelled approaches
- Lead the development and improvement of execution platform(s):
- Create business requirements and project plans
- Review results and ensure accurate controls, testing, and approvals
- Coordinate with IT, PMO, and other internal stakeholders
- Clearly and concisely present results to executive audiences, committees, and regulators
- Lead responses to internal and external audits, validations, and examinations
- Lead the execution of analyses like portfolio, trend, attribution and impact analysis
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as requested by senior management, translating detailed information into concise and actionable items.
- Support other critical projects and execution within Liquidity, Market and Counterparty Credit Risk as needed (example FRTB, NSFR, SCCL etc.)
- Regularly meet and coordinate with business partners around the globe via technology (e.g. phone, IM, Webex)
- Lead a team of 2-4 partners, responsible for people management, recruitment, and other HR activities.
- B.tech/M.Tech/MBA From Tier 1 College or experience from relevant industry
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Accounting.
- 6+ years of experience in Risk or Finance at a large US financial institution or equivalent consulting experience
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 3+ years of experience with model execution and analysis, driving regulatory projects, meeting all deadlines with a high degree of control and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience presenting to executive audiences and strong Powerpoint and Word skills
- Excellent analytical skills with a problem solving approach
- Good technical skill sets including Excel and SAS or other statistical programs (coding skill sets is not needed)
- High degree of attention to detail and focus on error-free execution
- Strong ability to engage with and coordinate the work of on-shore and off-shore partners without direct authority
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with Credit-related activities and regulations
- Strong familiarity and working experience with some of the Risk-related regulations (CCAR, CECL, IFRS9, RWA, SCCL etc.), concepts, data, analysis, and accounting rules
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.