KPMG in Trinidad and Tobago is expanding its Audit practice and is seeking to hire talented, highly motivated Audit professionals who can work within a structured client service process and a proven risk-management methodology on the Audit team.
To carry out audit field work, evaluating and reporting on an organization’s financial statements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of an assignment, including planning, fieldwork and completion and will to be able to deal with the more complex aspects of audit
- Prepare audit working papers in accordance with KPMG policies
- Produce work for the Staff Accountant, Audit Senior, Manager and Partner review – clearly highlighting issue and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Assisting other audit team members
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and assist in the efficient execution of the audit
- All duties are required to be performed with a high level of attention to detail and sometimes under time constraints to meet specified deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified ACCA or pursuing ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CGMA, CPA or equivalent or a First Degree in Accounting or a related discipline
- Previous audit experience is an asset
- A good understanding of KPMG Audit methodology and Financial Statements, including good working knowledge of IFRSs is an asset
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written
- Shows initiative and flexibility
- Service oriented and eager to learn
- Team player
- Ability to analyze basic accounting information
- Good organizational skills and a positive work attitude
Candidates who have experience with audit methodologies and procedures in a Big 4 Audit firm will have a distinct advantage.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media