Senior Associate - Record to Report
The job holder has to ensure that reports are completed in accordance with reporting deadlines set by Area and Regional Office (monthly, quarterly and annually) and internal accounting controls are reviewed periodically and make recommendations to enhance them further.
- Ensure all transactions (revenues, provisions, operating expenses etc) are recorded properly and in accordance with the definition set on DPDHL Accounting Manual and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Review general or nominal ledger entries regularly to minimize if not eliminate adjusting entries and to detect any under or over statement of expenses on time.
- Analyze and compare month on month expenses to attain uniform distribution of cost during the year and make an accrual when appropriate to have consistency in reporting expenses.
- Prepare schedules to support balance sheet accounts and ensure that these are reconciled against general or nominal ledger balances immediately after month-end closing (i.e. fixed assets, prepayments, payroll reconciliation, accruals, duty transitory, GRIR reconciliation & etc). Back up all files as part of the disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure preparation and distribution of required financial and accounting reports, including management information, in a timely manner. Ensure that all reporting deadlines are consistently met.
- Organize and plans work schedules independently to meet service delivery level with minimum guidance and able to take appropriate actions to resolve issues independently without much supervision.
- Work according to internal controls (CRSIP) requirement and ensure works are submitted on time to Team Leader or Team Manager for review.
- Responsible for intercompany accounting as per service level agreement and highlight or rectify anomalies encountered
- Track and resolve billing disputes and route to affiliates as and when required
- Liaise with finance team across various regions for reconciliation, debit/credit notes and any agreed offsets
- Responsible for daily bank entries booking, bank transitory clearing and monthly bank reconciliation for high transaction volumes or larger countries.
- Ensure timely and accurate deal settlement and posting of treasury related transactions including intercompany foreign exchange, loan, accrual and actual interest, bank charges and etc.
- Educated to Diploma/Degree level with an appropriate Finance and/or Accounting major.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Finance.
- Good Knowledge of MS Office including strong command on MS Excel.
- Ability to use formal and informal methods to persuade and influence others.
- Establishing a course of action to accomplish specific goals.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English
- Ability to express well-thought concise and timely oral and written information.
- Good team player.
- Ability to effectively explore alternatives so as to reach common results.
- Demonstrating a high level of commitment, energy, resilience and tenacity in doing the job.
- Attention to detail.
- Tolerance to stress.
- Passion for delighting customers.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.