Investor Services Supervisor – Sydney, Aus
Investor Services Department
The HedgeServ Investor Services team has an established global presence, with operations located in the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Luxembourg, Poland, and USA. Through the company’s continued growth, the team is seeking candidates to expand our operations in Sydney. The team currently services a mix of, hedge funds, UCITS funds, private equity and hybrid fund structures. Using our proprietary technology, clients and investors experience an interactive, end to end, industry leading service. The team works with its clients and investors to introduce new technology solutions to continuously meet the demands of an ever-changing industry to support unique client structures and operating models.
An Investor Services Supervisor (“IS Supervisor”) is an integral part of the Investor Services team ensuring that the highest quality of service is delivered to both clients and investors. An IS Supervisor is the focal point for day to day activities and is responsible for delegating activities to the team and performing a first level review on capital activity, wire transfers, AML, FATCA and CRS. An IS Supervisor reports to an IS Manager who completes the second level review. An IS Supervisor is responsible for ensuring operational excellence in all activities prepared by the Investors Services team ensuring that the company’s control environment is adhered to.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Ensure investor transaction instructions contain requisite information and advise Investor Services Administrator when follow-up is required. Liaise with investors to obtain fully executed transaction instructions.
- Advise and assist Investor Services Administrator to ensure subscription proceeds are received timely.
- Review AML/KYC, FATCA/CRS documentation provided by investors and follow-up where necessary. Escalate to Manager and MLRO where required.
- Review investor transactions on HedgeInvestor® (HedgeServ’s proprietary Investor Services System)
Cash Movement/ Reconciliation:
- Review the reconciliation of the subscription/redemption bank account daily and take appropriate action to clear any items.
- Review wire transfer instructions for all payments processed.
- Assist with bank account openings and closures for clients
- Investor Reporting – review investor reports, including but not limited to Investor Statements and Contract Notes
- Client Reporting – review client reports, including but not limited to, Capital Activity Reports, ERISA Reports, Authorized Share Capital Reports
- Preparation of Fund Audit requirements
- Review of Investor Audit requests prior to distribution to investor/auditors
- General Investor Services – assist Investor Services Administrator in fielding general requests from investors including, but not limited to, requests for duplicate investors statements, enquiries on previous transaction activities, performance information requests.
- Handle complex calls from investors and clients on AML, FATCA and CRS related queries.
- Establish effective working relationships with the NAV, QA, and Compliance Departments within HedgeServ
- Identify areas for improvement in processes, personnel and structure and discuss with Investor Services Manager and Director
Education: Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a hedge fund administration firm with experience in all aspects of the role of an Investor Services Administrator. Alternative experience may be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable, dependable and committed.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.